Tuesday, September 18, 2012


47 percent don't pay taxes?

I can't believe he said that.  I can't believe that any American politician would say such a thing.  I'm flabbergasted.  If I ever wondered what logical or defensible reason I might have for voting against Mr. Romney, he's given me a good one.  I still can't get my mind around the fact that he actually said those words.  I can't believe he's so blind as to believe that the 47 percent of voters who are going to vote for Mr. Obama do so because they don't pay taxes but depend on the taxes that the rest (53 percent) pay for their food, clothing, shelter, and entertainment.

Is this what main stream Republicans actually believe?  If so, all of us are in a terrible fix.  Belief in a thing can make it happen.  Belief in a thing can make a majority of the voters vote as though it were true.  Of course, nearly all of us pay taxes of one sort or another.  I would guess that perhaps 10 percent of the public doesn't pay any income tax.  They all pay various State taxes, particularly the sales tax.

Why do I waste time trying to prove that Mr. Romney is mistaken about the number of people who are too poor to pay any income tax?  I'm flabbergasted.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?