Saturday, September 18, 2010

 

Values

Conservatives say that elections should reflect the values of the voters.  To some conservatives, values are more important than economic well-being.  At least it seems that way to me.  I am not a conservative and I have great difficulty in understanding the conservative viewpoint on many issues.  Some of the values that conservatives espouse are "marriage between a man and a woman," "right of the unborn child to life," and "small government that does not interfere in the lives of ordinary people."  There are other values which I'm not going to try to list here.

Anyway, thinking about conservative values and the inference that many conservatives make that liberals have no values led me to thinking about values.  Sure, elections are about values.  I have values.  I'm going to list a few of them here:
The preceding list is not a complete list of my values.  They are important ones.  In my case, not all values have the same importance.

Let the next election be about values.  I will vote my values with pride.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?