Saturday, July 05, 2008


Word Needed

I need a word. I can write an approximate definition. The word describes a set of attitudes toward government and society, like "conservative" or "liberal." Individuals who express these attitudes are often called "conservatives." However, it is a misuse of the word "conservative" to use it to denote the set of attitudes I have in mind.

Here are some of the attitudes:

The foregoing set of attitudes can not be called simply "conservative." Some of them are quite radical, contrary to many beliefs that we Americans have held since the colonial days. Many of the people who hold these views also hold views that can correctly be called "conservative."

Here's my challenge: tell me what word I should use to describe this set of attitudes. Perhaps a word already exists in the dictionary. On the other hand, perhaps a new word is needed. Be inventive. I need help.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?