Sunday, December 25, 2005

 

Anger, Disappointment, and Shame

I am angry, disappointed, and ashamed.

I am angry that our President and his administration support the torture of enemy prisoners of war. I am angry that he and his administration support and justify listening in on telephone conversations between American citizens.

I am angry and disappointed that there are not more members of our national legislature who are appalled at what the administration not only admits having done but promises to continue. The administration promises to continue snooping on our phone conversations, reading our e-mail, and other electronic surveillance. Moreover, the administration says that the Geneva Convention and U.S. law do not apply to the prisoners we have in custody because they are terrorists, not mere enemy combatants, and it is legal, necessary, and right to torture them.

I am angry, disappointed, and ashamed that the American people have chosen to be governed by the present administration and have chosen to support the administration by giving it supportive majorities in both houses of Congress. The American voters are responsible for the shameful behavior of our government. I am ashamed for my country.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?